NYC BigApps Blockchain is an open innovation challenge that asks teams to design meaningful blockchain applications that will improve the the efficiency, security, and transparency of public sector services in New York City. Sign up below to learn more!
NYC BigApps is the flagship civic innovation challenge in New York City for designers, developers, academics, entrepreneurs, and New Yorkers at large to apply their know-how to improve the Big Apple.
This year, NYC BigApps Blockchain invites participants to collaborate with government leaders to co-design blockchain applications that solve real-world challenges facing public sector services and processes.
NYC BigApps will include a series of educational workshops for both government stakeholders and the general public to learn more about blockchain and its potential applications.
Sign up below to learn more about blockchain in New York City and be the first to get notified about upcoming events!
The BigApps Design Process
The NYC BigApps Blockchain team is convening NYC government agencies to discover their biggest technology hurdles and determine if blockchain is the right solution to address these challenges.
Needfinding & Discovery
- • Research on blockchain use cases for the public sector
- • Convene government stakeholders to discover pain points around technology and data management
- • Collect feedback on Challenge Areas
- • Government workshops: Educate government stakeholders on blockchain technology and meaningful use cases
- • Public workshops: Educate the public and civic tech communities on blockchain
- • Call for solutions: An open invitation to submit blockchain-based solutions for NYC government challenges where blockchain may be a meaningful solution
- • Cohort selection: The most promising solutions selected by a team of judges to further workshop their solutions with mentors and stakeholders
- • Startups present to an audience of media, investors and government stakeholders
- • Report on Challenge, Demo Day and individual solutions
- • Facilitate public-private partnerships and ongoing incubation of solutions